PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 5th Nov 2015, 15:17
Lonewolf_50

Received 393 Likes on 244 Posts
Regarding the speculation on a possible over-rotation as some sort of initiating event: the discussion on that has been interspersed between much else, but I'll ask the following:

Doesn't an over-rotation like that leave a visual signature that someone in the control tower would see as the plane rotates before lift off? (Sparks?) If so, would not the investigating team already have that input from the witnesses at the airport?

A few pages back it was pointed out that on the A321 contact would be made further forward than the aft pressure bulkhead in the case of an over rotation ... is it reasonably valid to rule out that contributing factor to a structural failure further aft?

Follow up to that:
1. Have any of you had an over rotation/tail drag and not gotten a report from the tower?
2. Did you know a colleague who had that happen, but the tower didn't give them an alert?

-------------

About the American "leak" regarding "maybe it was a bomb"
The official stressed that there has not been a formal conclusion reached by the U.S. intelligence community.
Then why doesn't this "intelligence" official keep his trap shut! This kind of crap upsets me (I am American and I hate how our Intel community has become a home to so many loudmouths). Sometimes, it is best to keep it all close to the vest.
This kind of "loose lips" does not help aviation safety -- it just feeds the rumor and speculation mill.

I wish to thank the mods for their hard work on trying to keep this thread clean.

Let us consider that our Russian PPRuNe contributors feel this loss keenly, so can we please see an end to the acid comments in the political realm? (Kulverstukas, we like bears, vodka, and balalaikas, regardless of how people fee about politicians. ).

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 5th Nov 2015 at 15:31.