PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 4th Nov 2015, 23:10
clark y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still interested in the history of the aircraft as I think a hidden flaw or previous aircraft history could still be the reason.

Going through the posts there are all sorts of theories, but I haven't seen anything that I would describe as definitely sinister. Firstly, of the images of the wreckage indicates near vertical impact. The front half of the aircraft and wings all burnt out. Not surprising. Also would explain heat signature from satellite. Mid section indicates no burn damage. Page 22 image shows door left 3 and surround, Prada's post shows area around door right 3. Tail section- I cannot make out any burn marks. As for puncturing on various parts, this thing hit a rocky ground at a high speed. The sooty looking APU housing, this is how they look when they are not washed.
As for the comment from a doctor in Glacier pilot's post about passenger burns to the rear of the aircraft but not the forward ones, I don't know how anyone seated from row 1-20 did not have burns. I have not personally seen a map of victims seats and autopsy results.

As for the political side of this accident, it is a very powerful argument considering the state of things in the region.

Either way, still a very sad event.