PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 4th Nov 2015, 23:01
Prada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why initial event happened on the left side (speculation)

I owe explanation to Kulverstukas on what basis I speculated that initial event happened on left side. To be more exact, close to fuel tank and at the floor level. Behind wings.

1. Rear seated passengers heavy burns according to autopsies.
2. Rear pressure bulkhead still seem to sit at its installed position.
3. large piece of missing fuselage was found from right side. Actually this piece has parts of cargo compartment floor and parts of ceiling, thus it is more than just right side. Here is where this piece belongs:

other view of that same piece:

Simply put, this piece is too large to rip off first. It would be rather that last piece to give away.

Thus, peeling initiation event started on the opposite side.
That initial event should have ripped off some skin on left side and opened up a fuel tank. resulting air-fuel mixture should have contacted something hot in order to get ignited and keep burning in low pressure environment. That created firestorm inside the remaining fuselage. - Badly burned people.
Thus, first and farthest pieces from cockpit to find, should be pieces from the left side fuselage around the wings.

Initial fire continued to burn even after tail separation and rear fuselage destruction. I don't know if this is coincidence or it is due to falling attitude but left side of underside fuselage is sooted up to cockpit.

Also there is an evidence of inflight fire. Probably mostly during falling sequence around central fuel tank.
For example this piece is from under second door on the right is badly burned. Burning could have happened only before impact.
There is similar piece (around second door) from left side showing similar burning marks.