PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 09:35
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there we go no parking for our own Delta Airlines flight and it`s
only a B757
Fair point Ian. However, if you look back over the months and last year or two, you will have seen plenty of discussion about MAN's decision to convert remote aircraft parking stands into car parking. There were 12 at one stage of which 5 have so far been returned as I understand it. Some of us expressed concern that with MAN growing again, demand for stands would increase and there could be problems if there were significant delays to early morning departures due to bad weather or strikes in Europe for example with no spare parking capacity.

I admit there is a discussion to be had on maximising the use of assets financially in the short term against providing some margin for dealing with issues that may only arise 5% of the time on the airfield and planning for medium term expansion which is likely but cannot be guaranteed. Personally, I'm not convinced MAN got that balance right but no doubt others would disagree.

You may have noticed that many of flybe's early arrivals of non-based a/c were cancelled, so presumably T3 was able to cope.