PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 18:56
CSAneggar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stripes or money?

So basically they pay you all that serious money to be a glorified first officer? Is that somehow reflected in the number of stripes on your jacket? I'm not looking for a long debate either. I would just like to know what the deal is BEFORE i make any move.
Would you rather be a Captain earning less than half the pay doing 6 flights a day at some low cost airline just so you can go home and write PIC in your logbook and tell people at parties your a hero? (This is why pilots terms are diminishing year after year )

You are a Captain in CSA and I'm sure you can swap and do all the domestic flights you like as "Leader PIC". You can have mine!

Remember it's still a big transition to China and to long haul Skipper and it has its rewards both monetary and career progression. However you might not be comfortable signing for a B777 after just a few months line training. Be careful what you wish for!

Have you even passed the selection and CAAC check? First things first!

As for the rest of you CSA expats complaining or "stating facts" on here please remember we are guests in China so please thread carefully as we are already coming across as spoilt brats. It's not perfect but nowhere is. The terms could be better compared to other local airlines but hopefully they will continue to improve as they have done. Try and have some fun in CAN on your off days instead of wasting it on here in your hotel or bedsit apartment. It's got bars restaurants and millions of young ladies who actually might you which is something you probably haven't got much of over your life time.

The Euro base is a disaster but unfortunately we have one of our own to blame for selling the Euro base instead of the originally agreed AMS CDG FRA.

In summary let's do the job take the cash so we can all go home and do the wife or the girlfriend thing. Neggar!