PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Airlines Joining
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 16:16
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from a n00b

It is hard for us n00bs trying to understand this ever changing industry. Especially if you have no family/friends (except flight school) in the industry to point out things that may seem obvious to you experienced chaps.

Let me paint you a picture of what us 'n00bs' are being conditioned to think is normal...

After being treated like throughout flight training, realising that your £80K+ is not as important as those who have airlines behind them.

Then your first airline job you Pay up to £38k for the TR. For a job where we have NO benefits, only earn money when you block off and scheduled for 80+ hours a month but guaranteed nothing.

Then when we look to move around for a better life, we're all thought of as idiots and trolls for thinking about moving to EK.

I understand things were different for most of you experienced guys as you've probably seen it get worse and worse over the years.
But please understand that from our perspective it looks appealing because we've been trained to expect from day 1.

I had a Captain give me some advice about moving around. He said, 'Only to change airlines to change your lifestyle, because the office doesn't change'. Trying to find out what kind of lifestyles to expect at various airlines is very difficult without contacts there.

Thanks for reading, and please insert your best 'Living the dream' liners below