PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2015, 18:28
offshoreigor

It's not just an adventure....
it's just a job!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CHC Lay Offs

First, let me apologize for being away from the forum for so long. It's been an interesting time for me over the past 10 years and I have no real excuses for not being here other than I don't really give a f@ck sometimes! But I am back and retirement or semi-retirement has taught me a few things so please bear with me.

Everyone here seems to be concerned about the CHC stock Price and how well the new Management is doing to recover but few here are saying anything about the many long-term Pilots and Engineers that were Laid Off and have no hope of being re-hired.

I for one took an early retirement in the hopes it would stem the bleeding but I guess I was overly optimistic! I was the 2nd VP for the Union which was taken over by a few red-necks from south of the border who have no regard for labour laws in the Canadian sense. I am no longer in touch with anyone there so I can only assume that the American CHC has succeeded in getting rid of the GHPA.

For all you investors out there, I can only say that when I joined Okanagan Helicopters, 3 months before it became CHC or Canadian Helicopters back then, the initial offering was $10.00 per share and dropped to $0.30 a share. When the dust settled, it was $68.00 per share and split at $35.00 a share more than doubling the investment. CHC has the most Millionaire Secretaries out of any Helicopter Company in the World!

Anyone with comment, please feel free to throw in your 2 centavos worth.

Cheers,

Graham

Last edited by offshoreigor; 30th Oct 2015 at 18:48.