PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2015, 22:30
Flugplatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumour has it that they are looking at the 'powered' aspects with some discussion about Tutor/Vigilant - with cost being the driver.

Re. my previous post, and the split between Viking and Vigilant fleets, I don't see how the same level of training can be delivered, i.e. courses with the aim of going solo, if only limited numbers of Vigilants (or none!) come back into service. Unless they are going to up the number of Vikings, then I predict that training across the whole ATC won't be to the same level (except for a lucky few selected to get training all the way to solo). With the simulators already paid for, I think we could be looking at a mix of synthetic and actual flying - meaning a less lofty aim for the syllabus.

It does seem mind-boggling that the briefings have all been called off. We are not talking about deficiencies in the capabilities of front-line aircraft after all, so why all the secrecy and lack of info?? I believe that the briefings would have been a great opportunity to finally show some leadership and after the preliminary whinging and letting-off of steam, they would have perked everyone up and maybe restored some confidence in the Gp leadership.

We all know they have a difficult job and I think being open and honest would have gone a long way to restoring some faith in the system. In my experience, even if you can't offer a brilliant plan to put everything right, you at least win a bit of grudging respect for treating your staff/servicemen as intelligent human beings. We are not all wilting violets and in these situations, as a leader, you need to bring everyone with you.

Bad Show