PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 27th Oct 2015, 12:49
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Well, that comment pretty well sums up everything which was wrong about flying training back then....

You have your hand near, but not 'on' the controls - and emphatically not being used to assault your student.

Why was he 'looking the wrong way'? Poorly briefed, perhaps?

Take control, remind him of the correct technique, get him to follow you through, then give him control.

Resorting to 'tapping' him on the bone dome marks you out as having failed to have briefed him correctly in the first place. I am also reminded of this piece of your so-called 'instructional technique':

We were doing spinning in a JP4. The first action for spin recovery was to check the turn needle before applying opposite rudder (copes with the inverted spin case). On the fifth very good recovery when the student had yet again not done that, I leant over, and jabbing the T&S at every word said "Look at the f***ing turn needle" At this point the glass broke jamming the needle hard over. He never forgot again. Not an approved CFS IT method.

As for your personal abuse towards me, perhaps you should re-familiarise yourself with the PPRuNe Ts&Cs....