PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training School, Fort Pierce, Florida, USA
Old 21st Oct 2015, 03:26
Johnny Bekkestad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a complete BULL cr@p.
Way to exaggerated, no one has EVER paid EFT 50K and took 3 years to get a PPL.

You might not like the school, perhaps you went there and did not succeed in the amount of time and budget you thought. But a lot of people do actually go there and do all their training within time.

Here is my standpoint, no school, regardless of where you go. Has as a policy to "milk the cow". Perhaps schools in the US need to be better on accepting students, though aptitude test etc.
A person who needs 50 hours to solo, and 100 hour for a ppl, will need those hours wherever he or she goes.

I'm a flight instructor today, at Aviator (which is EFTs neighboring school). The regulations allow me to teach up to 8 hours a day. If i have happy students, i will get my 8 hours a day. If i treat my students in a bad way and in an unprofessional manner, i will not have students to fly at all.

There are a few different kinds of students. Some will be very successful, some really want to be pilots, but are just not cut for it, some others were pushed into something they don't really want to do. And other want to experience the Florida lifestyle and have fun and party.

Florida will provide you with 24/7 flying pretty much 365 days a year. There are a lot of airplanes at Aviator/EFT. So the maintenance will not really be an issue.

And lastly, when you choose a school, make sure
1. 1.5 * Budget
2. 2 * time planned
3. Dedicate yourself 110%
4. Acknowledge early that you have problems and ask for help
5. Be prepared and be ready
6. Have fun

And as long as you are not one of those who just were not meant to fly a plane, you will be FINE.

Good luck in your search

p.s I always show my name, i do not have anything to hide and i am not affiliated with the school asked about.