PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 00:25
ChrisD93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, over the past few days I've become interested in applying to the easyjet MPL programme supplied by CTC. I've always wanted to be a pilot since I can remember (sounds cliche I know) and I'm currently in my final masters year of an Aeronautical Engineering degree. Therefore I'm at the point where I need to make some key career decisions; and I'd love to be a pilot!

Before I sent my application in to CTC though, I wanted to check forums and do some research on the MPL programme with easyjet online (hence I came here). However I must admit that I'm a little concerned after reading some of the comments regarding this option within this thread where it's easy to come to the conclusion that it seems to be the case that it's a much better move in terms of employment/financial prospects to wait for the BA FPP programme to open again; rather than to pursue MPL with EZY.

I would be willing to take on the financial burden of the training costs however I can't see the logic in doing so if the employment prospects are poor in terms of building hours and being able to support myself financially on a poor cadet wage with a 0 hour contract. Therefore I'm approaching the point of giving up on my application at the moment for EZY and waiting for the BA and Virgin FPP's to open again... which is a shame

It would be great if anyone could give me any advice to either persuade me that this is a good option or to confirm my fears that it's not the best available and I'd be better to leave it. I feel like I'm hitting my head off the wall, as the details for the programme when employed seem fairly vague

I must admit though it's very tempting to apply purely on the basis that I want to be a pilot, but obviously there's a lot of money at stake and I want to make the best decision for my future. Thanks for any help