PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 19th Oct 2015, 07:06
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the instruction shown by the QFI (who I went through training with) was dreadful and I believe his instructor category was reduced because of that.
The story I heard at Scampton a few years later was that the QFI may have had to revisit CFS for a bit of discussion, not sure there was a re-cat. Whatever happened I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was yet another victim of that programme. Over the years I've met and/or worked with a few of those involved (students and others) - they've all claimed a heck of a lot of "imaginative" work went on in the cutting room and one or two other tricks were played elsewhere, all to get the results the producer/director wanted.

The mistake the RAF made was agreeing to no vetting of the programme before it was aired
Agreed...but I doubt the producer would ever have agreed to any loss of editorial control.

were these guys really such martinets, or was there a measure of gentle and supportive coaching as well ?
IMVHO they were all gentle, supportive, lovable people who were never unkind to children, animals..... or students.......

Last edited by wiggy; 19th Oct 2015 at 07:26.