PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2015, 18:51
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Unless you're a delivery driver/plumber/electrician/Uncle Tom Cobley and all. If you want to get into anywhere just turn up in a bread van.
Not at my location where the recent changes so that all non-resident military personnel have to give plenty of advance notice of visiting whilst contractors and delivery men have to be pre-booked at the MGR and accompanied at all times by the host.

There's been much wailing and gnashing of teeth by contractors, civil servants and those living on camp who don't have the experience to remember that this is just winding the clock back to the days that military establishments actually took security seriously.

PN,

Concur old bean, the standard of contractors is pretty poor and its only going one way as everything comes down to one or 2 companies. And as we close bases and it becomes harder for these companies to make an overall profit from the military, they are just going to rip us off, sorry, take the piss, er - no, sorry again, search for other ways to maximise revenue streams so that it's profitable for them to provide a high level of service. Oh look, a flying pig. But as a former staunch defender of the importance of the Mess and broader station life in terms of morale and unit cohesion, I hate to say it, but I'd now never voluntarily move back on base having enjoyed living in my own home in the community.