PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Indonesian Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2015, 04:25
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueBall
The violation of this basic VFR/VMC flying discipline had little to do with your claims about Indonesia's "indifferent regulator" "corruption" or "dense bureaucracy."
Clearly, GlueBall you have never experienced the circumstances I'm outlining and as a consequence have little or no idea of what you're talking about. Regrettably this crash and many before it have much to do with the regulators' indifference, corruption and the nigh-impossibility of achieving any sort of regulatory compliance or competence where the regulators' functionaries make "findings" against individuals and organisations solely for the purpose of receiving an unmarked, stuffed envelope. Upon receipt of an appropriate gratuity, the "finding", the functionary -and apparently the regs- go away. Some pilots so imposed upon, as a consequence then do things like overload, pocket backload money or by other similar means recover their losses... and the cycle self-perpetuates.
Pilots born, raised and trained in cultures other than that predominant here tend not to participate in this cycle, hence becoming victims of the dense, impenetrable bureaucracy alluded to earlier. Their non-participation in the cycle means they do not have any financial incentive to push beyond common sense, commit acts unwise -or risk their lives unnecessarily.

As it was my words which you so comprehensively disparaged in your original contribution, I personally take exception to your attitude -and you have still (3rd time now) missed one very key word, despite the fact I have highlighted it for you. Had you any basis of knowledge from which to speak, you would have seen -and understood- that critical element of my discussion.

To speak briefly now and more specifically of the incident in question:

The usual (homegrown IFR) approach for this operator was to join overhead WAJO, to finals on about a 10NM final (in the rising terrain I have mentioned before) from a RIGHT Base. This crash was from a non-standard LEFT base.

Make of that what you will.

That's as much as I have to say on this thread now. I'll no longer discuss the matter in the face of GlueBall's apparent wilful ignorance.