PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Oct 2015, 19:19
Alexx22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My successful Ryanair assessment

Hi everybody,

I am 31's old with 1200 TOT hours of executive jet.

Besides the fact I fly,before the assessment,I prepared myself studying all the 275 pages of this post (with an huge help of a friend)and I spent around 6/8 hours of simulator training.In few words I tried to give my best.

I did the assessment in Dublin on september the 30th.

Meeting at 9:15 a.m.
Everything was quite and the atmosphere was very relaxing.An examiner explained us about the assessment for about 15'/20'.

After we had plenty of time to brief the WAL 2T departure from Liverpool,an ILS and an NDB rwy 27.
Cavok,wind 300/10,QNH 1013.

Some of us went to the sim(1:30h roughly for couple) and one by one to the interview.

On that day we were odds.So we were in three in the sim alternating each other.
I suggest to not switch the seat for the PF part if You started as the PM.
Keep the same seat because your eyes get used to that position.

All of us did the departure with the relative call outs.Then on the heading,turns of 30 and 45 degrees.
Acceleration from 220kts to 250kts and deceleration(the exercise wants to you to correct the pitch up/down during the accelerating/decelerating).

Then the examiner took the control and asked the position according to the RMI and the NDB.
To be more precise,tell him the track miles;it means ,according to the position,read the DME distance from the ILS and add or subtract the distance from the NDB.

I had the passenger with an heart attack and a F/A. trained for the first aid. I discussed with my colleague about it and we decided to land if the weather was good.And I suggested to use the defibrillator if the f/a. was able to master it.

Once frozen we set up the ILS for a landing from the NDB with the base turn.
With the wind,inbound to the NDB,with a direct entry,turn on the outbound leg with 15/20 degrees of heading less and(if there is wind,passing the NDB,don't put just the outbound heading,correct it for the wind),
once passed the NDB,adjust the position according to the QDR.
At 8,6 DME dist. ,turn right to intercept the LOC with an LOC(hdg) minus 30 degrees.

Everything will be fast so WRITE ON THE APP CHART THE 2NM AND THE 1/2 NM CONFIGURATION POINTS AND CALL IT DURING THE PROCEDURE.

If it's an ILS CALL the OM altitude.
If it's a NON PRECISION,CALL the distance at which you start to descend.

When You are a PF move gently the aircraft,it is very sensitive.

When You are a PM,help the PF but don't suggest.if the pf has 1500fpm after a level off,call:"vertical speed" or "altitude" or "speed".Anticipate a little bit the call out if something looks bad.

My interview was about:
1.Why Ryanair.
2.Why Ryanair has a so good economic success.
3.Qualities of a good captain.
4.How did you choose your flight school and who payed.
5.the hardest decision in your life.
6.what do you do if you lose your medical.
7. I came to Dublin with a Ryanair flight,the examiner asked me if I noticed how many exits the f/a. named and if I noticed what was near by me.
8.the electrical system of the aircraft I fly.

Same examiner of the sym and a psychologist.

9 days after I recived an email with the successful response.

Prepare yourself very accurately ,dress elegant,speak proper,be yourself and be very honest about everything.

If You need further explanations,feel free to pm me.

Good luck guys.

Last edited by Alexx22; 9th Oct 2015 at 20:15. Reason: I didn't finish to write