PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 08:52
Frelon

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Oh come on chaps, this is the Royal Air Force! They cannot close some of the gliding schools as they keep telling us that the Vikings and Vigilants will be back soon, they have 26 new Skylaunch winches just waiting to be started up. All of those Squadron Leaders must have squadrons to run, or what else would they do at weekends?

I can imagine Skylaunch just taking back those unused winches and giving the MOD their money back, not! What would Skylaunch do with 26 diesel engined winches when all the clubs want is gas powered kit?

No, this is just a rumour chaps, do not worry, all is well, Air Cadet gliding will start soon, I promise you!

I can remember when rumours started about military camps closing around the UK. These rumours were scotched and the camps involved started to spruce themselves up and everything was painted. Then they closed them down!!

Years ago I went on a business course and one of the pieces of course work was a project to look at the demise of the British motorcycle industry. It all started with the import of cheap 50cc Honda motor cycles with electric start and weather protection. The British motorcycle industry just ignored this and watched it happen!! Remember, big companies like BSA, Ariel, Norton, Royal Enfield, Norton, Vincent, Velocette and Triumph. At the end of the day they put it down to bad management!!

I can imagine the business schools thinking about "Air Cadet Gliding and what became of it!" in years to come as a future project.

No, closing Air Cadet gliding schools is only a nasty rumour!

Last edited by Frelon; 9th Oct 2015 at 09:05.