PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 21:55
youthinkso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who knows, but if it was my airline and I was struggling to crew flights I wouldn't show the glint of my sythe until summer was over, the organisational changes email came last week, long after recruitment had ben organised. I don't for a minute envisage flight operations being exempt from the notice indefinately that other departments have been put on, for me it is a possible threat out there which should be added to the thinking pot.

I'd hate for someone to give up a job that puts food on the table and then be subject to a consultation period or never get a foot in the door having been offered a job.. Pilots and cabin crew are a large cost base, it would make no sense for us to be exempt from financial saving aspirations.

Alliances with TUI Nordic sees them full time crewed for winter and us crewed for summer with opposite peak periods, I envisage North Sea crossings and more productivity for the Scandis in the summer in the UK operation and us in scandinavia peak season (winter).

If it was my trainset I would be saying why incur more cost in more employees when we can use each other's crews (subject to union agreement).

This is the line from the comms 24th September "Flight crew and Cabin crew are unaffected by the proposed changes announced today."

It's the "Today" bit.......

Yes it does seem odd to recruit if we are over established, but is that based on a Thomson airways pilots or the "Reshaping Thomson Airways" comms, perhaps there is now a new vantage point, a lot can happen in 3 months between giving notice and becoming employed at new employers airline.

Last edited by youthinkso; 6th Oct 2015 at 22:18.