PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner windows
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 13:11
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daysleeper
Well don't book on United then. Not a 787 but on a recent 10 am departure from London they had served food and had all the window blinds shut by 1200 UK time and they stayed shut until about 30 mins before landing. Any transgressors were aggressively told off by the few cabin crew who were not snoozing off their night out in London.
Daytime crossing of the high atlantic in good weather can be stunning, plastic window trims and crap IFE is not.
This has happened to me once, on a flight DXB-PEK with the A380 about 2 years ago.

We left DXB at 4am or somesuch. By the time we were in the cruise, over the Himalayas, it was absolutely clear and what a stunning view from 35,000Ft! This is something I had wanted to see. It is specifically why I got a seat on that side of the aircraft. The crew had other ideas and I was told off and accused of waking up my fellow passengers (who not only had eyeshades on but both of them, elderly Chinese ladies, had thick, dark scarves draped over their faces too. I continued to look out, but draped my jacket over my head and closed the blind half way...still the crew weren't happy with me. I mean come on! I am not one to refuse reasonable crew orders, but it really did spoil my flight and this was nothing but pure spite. I had no intention of sleeping on the flight, I was disturbing no one and I really didn't see the need to demand this when half the cabin was wide awake too. Even if the cabin was sound asleep, I took responsibility and met them half way by preventing the light from escaping to the cabin as best I could, but I was just met with total hostility!