PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2015, 06:27
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Approaching Minima

I'm also interested in knowing what the "October shakeup"
I suspect it's reference to nothing more sinister or earth shattering than the results of the first "Crystal" run being announced (actually it is pretty significant if you don't get what you want...). That's the computer process that amongst other things churns out the results from the summer bid for internal transfers and AFAIK the list of who is probably going to get what is due end of Oct. The results of that give a clue as to the scale of movement between fleets/seats next training year and might give an indication of the scale of external recruiting.

GS-Alpha

Agree 100% with the sentiments expressed in your previous post. I know some pretty p'd off folks on short haul who had their move to a Long Haul seat blocked last year despite them having the required hours/experience. I am also aware that the main reason given for this was a lack of training capacity, which is down to the company, not the union. Even so I'm not sure the union reps will be able to hold the line for another year if people continue to feel their aspirational move from short haul to long haul is being blocked and they then see DEPs going straight to Long Haul seats.

Last edited by wiggy; 4th Oct 2015 at 08:13.