PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner windows
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 00:02
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Well, Halcyon Days, if we meet on board, I'll fight you for the window seat.

I know all too well the rules of keeping the blinds down, so that the early morning sun does not wake the pax who are sleeping. Which is why I cover my head with a blanket before sneaking the blind ajar to look. I take my sunglasses in my handcase so that I'm ready for the sunshine!

There are other examples, such as going to the exit door and looking through the small window to see the world outside. For me, the view from the window is VERY important. On many flights, I consider the likely route and which side of the a/c I want to be on to get a view I might not have seen before. I was once trapped in the middle block form SFO to HKG in Y. Aarrgggghh what a terrible flight.

So when I say that I would find out the airline policy before travelling on a 787 - I'm not joking. I'll get it in writing. When I read about this feature of the 787 (many years ago) this was my exact concern.

CC are under many pressures and have, in the past, oft been accused of devious ways of lulling the pax to sleep - most of which are not true. But this is not something I would accept.