PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair SF34 at Rotterdam. Hydraulic failure
Old 2nd Oct 2015, 18:32
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As it happens, I do myself have an axe to grind with Loganair, for I left in anger at the way management persecute all their crews, or, to be more precise in my own selfish way: me!

However this particular incident is not really noteworthy except that it is yet another tech fault. My personal opinion is that they lost a lot of very good engineers because they treated them badly and they left for pastures new. Lately there are pilot jobs in other airlines too (a new thing) and so they are starting to lose a few more of those as well. The loss of a good experience base in engineering is now leaving them without anyone who can fix a plane (ok I exaggerate, but you get my point).

For the most part, in fact just about all, their crews are loyal and keen servants. However this is being drummed out of them by unfairness. Crews to Loganair are a necessary but painful expense. They are treated as if they don't matter and expected to work beyond the call of duty in spite of this. The shift change (and I hate management psychobabble bull****) occurred after Scott Grier stood down and Tiger Airways took over.

How long before their short sighted management ways leave them with no experienced pilots to add to the lack of engineers?

Shame. Used to be a good company to work for. Rubbish money, but fun, appreciative ops and management, challenging flying, superb training and...well..why leave?

Oh by the way the Training Manager is also leaving. The last one stood down voluntarily. Both are excellent. Both (in my opinion) were unappreciated.