PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rosters Today? + days off
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 08:28
gasnhaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie here...just a quick couple of questions.

I've been reading a lot of the posts but as an outsider looking in some of the terminology escapes me. So, are you guys seriously getting lines that only have 8 days off per month? Are the lines a 28 day or 30 day bid period?

Next, the leave/vacation. How many days is it per year and how many days can you use per month in a row? Is it limited?

I'm flying for a US based cargo outfit. The conditions here are very brutal so EK actually sounds like an improvement. Try flying with a double crew for a 30 hour duty day And we have to be at the airplane 2+30 prior to departure (3+30 show in the lobby). And I've gone from Japan to Germany in a 2 day span after performing a double crew flight, all on the back side of the clock (of course after crossing that many time zones in such a short period backside of the clock is a moot point)...talk about wrecking your body!

And we are short on folks as well with many leaving so I typically fly 80-90 hours but do so in 17 days. BUT after flying for 17 days and getting pretty beat up I get home and have 13 or 14 days off. I've been considering EK and am very familiar with Dubai and the living conditions but if you guys are only getting 8 days at home per month I don't think that is something I or the wife can deal with...