PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2015, 16:31
David Sharpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been taking a look at Jet 2 flights for Summer 2016 (based on early August peak) and comparing what's on offer for Summer 2016 compared to the same period last year.

I know that it's still early, and there is still time for a lot to change, but currently, after a cut back in flights last year when compared to 2014, it looks like a growth of around 10% for Summer 2016.

Summer 2015 saw a total of 625 x weekly flights (was originally 629 x weekly but only 2 of the 6 planned flights to Enfidha were replaced with an alternative) Summer 2016 is currently planned at 696 x weekly services.

There are 20 new routes (12 of these from the expanded base at Edinburgh Airport) with 2 new destinations (Gerona and Naples) There are 7 dropped routes (12 in total if you count the services to Enfidha which operated from 5 bases, these were originally planned but had been dropped by August)

The biggest gains in weekly flights look to be Alicante (+16 x weekly) Palma (+ 8 weekly) Faro (+ 7 x weekly) and Tenerife South (+ 7 weekly) with most of the Greek routes also seeing growth.

The biggest loser is Murcia, which is 15 flights per week down (routes from East Midlands, Edinburgh and Glasgow are dropped, with frequency reductions on the remaining routes)

In terms of UK bases, Manchester shows an extra 25 x weekly services, with Edinburgh (not surprisingly) showing 21 extra flights and Newcastle showing an extra 11 x weekly services. Services from the other bases are remaining stable (increases of between 1 and 5 x weekly services)

As I have said above, I know that there is still time for change. I do not know what Jet 2's history is like when comparing first releases with what actually operates, I guess it depends on early bookings, but hopefully most if not all of the potential growth will happen !!!