PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you ever file an Air-miss?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2015, 09:41
chevvron

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Pace
Chevron

We sometimes fly OCAS in the Citation but we always get special attention from the radar units realising its a jet and get handed over from one to the other with a radar service that smaller, slower aircraft would not get.

There maybe some Citation drivers who will bomb along OCAS lowish level at 250KTS but I know I will pull the speed back to 160 to 180 KTS to try and be at fast piston twin speeds

It is possible that he was never advised of you and never even saw you? So maybe blaming him as its your right to that airspace is not well founded. Did you have a transponder?

Pace
This occurred in the '90s before the advent of TCAS and London LARS, Luton had already stopped providing LARS so he probably wasn't on a radar service. As the AX3 doesn't have a transponder (only carries a battery to operate the starter motor!) TCAS wouldn't have been any use to him anyway.
I wasn't blaming him for the Airprox; he must have seen me. What concerned me was the deliberate turn from my right to pass ahead of me.