PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2015, 19:50
vectorsvictor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I'm NTR. 2700 hrs TT. 800 hrs Jet.
I have an assessment day next month. The format on the day is a Group exercise, case study and technical test in the morning. If successful then interview PM. If anybody is reading this who went to this type of selection during the last round of recruitment with Thomson then I'd really appreciate some feedback on what to expect to aid my preparation (no doubt others would too). Has anybody been to their current assessments already or do you have one soon? For anybody who does go would you be kind enough to post feedback to help fellow pilots? (that would be very useful). I don't believe we are competing against each other. We are pushing ourselves to reach a standard. I believe an airline worth working for will maintain their integrity on standards.

I'm particularly interested in what the technical test entails. ATPL theory or aptitude/maths verbal reasoning or a combination of both? Maybe type specific questions on your current type?

Any feedback from current assessments coming up will be very handy for all of us with assessments. I will post feedback after mine on this forum or PM if you'd prefer. I'm hoping someone before my assessment early October will have the same mindset as me to help others. PM me if you prefer. For those who didn't get an assessment and not sure why. There were some questions which required some thinking about to give a reasonable answer. Don't take this the wrong way but maybe they're looking for more from a pilot than just flying hours.
Good luck in all your careers everybody!

regards