PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2015, 12:21
Senior Pilot
Chief Bottle Washer

Received 183 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by TukTuk BoomBoom
...probably to de-escalate the "outrage" coming your way.
Cue overblown "outrage" and "disgust" etc etc
That was a funny story though,the old accidentally Pop the Floats thing.

Yes I had noticed the appearing/disappearing message thing.
Unfortunately the Bristow Nigeria nationalisation is actually a legitimate talking point but seems like we can't discuss it.
(Unless you're a newly qualified captain slagging off expats pilots)
Dancing between the raindrops of faux outrage and interminable nationalism on this thread is, quite frankly, a thankless task. If the remarks are left unchecked then there is mass outrage from 'the other side' and exodus to hastily set up sites where the decision is condemned for months. If I do moderate (after a very fair warning given earlier on this very page) then there is an equal amount of faux outrage by the mortally offended poster(s). Reasonable and balanced discussion is one thing; overt racist or xenophobic comments are both offensive and unacceptable from either side of the spectrum.

I'm more than happy to close the thread altogether if fair and balanced conversation is deemed impossible.

Remember that the Ts & Cs that you signed up to include accepting the umpire's decision. I don't get paid nearly enough to keep reading the same tickets being bought for the outrage bus taking the same journey, nor to keep going around checking that the ticket is for the correct destination.

In fact, I don't get paid