PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 16:41
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
OK Trim Stab, let me be clear. First,

Originally Posted by trim stab
I have read allegations that the pilot began his manoeuvre at 200ft
I see no reason why he shouldn't. I'm not sure why you would regard the entry height as an allegation since you posted earlier,

The AAIB preliminary report states that he commenced the display at 200'
Second,

instead of 500ft authorised for the display.
And

rather than 500' which was authorised.
Neither you nor anyone else here has any idea what is in Andy's display authorisation. If you don't understand what a display authorisation is or where minimum heights are stipulated read CAP 403 before repeating such "allegations" in public. You should already be conversant with the Air Navigation Order given your CPL. Perhaps you might consider if the allegations were made by anyone that has seen Andy's DA; I doubt its contents will reach the public domain until much later in the investigation.

The display regulations would allow a 100 foot fly past to pull up into an aerobatic manoeuvre and, therefore, there is nothing wrong with the entry, provided the FDD, CAA or the pilot's DAE had not imposed additional restrictions. As none of that information is currently available, your question is based on someone else's uninformed speculation.

Third,

If this is true, and it is shown to have contributed or caused the crash, might the pilot end up facing involuntary manslaughter charges?
I am astonished either that you cannot understand how inappropriate that question is in public or that you simply choose to ignore that it is. Anyone here with half a brain can work out the answer to your question, but most seem to be capable of keeping such bad taste musings to themselves. As you probably already know the answer, I have to wonder what would motivate you to invite yet further speculation on that.

The title of this forum may include the word 'rumour', but it starts with the word 'professional'. Behave as such and show some respect rather than feeding your idle curiosity about whether a well-respected professional pilot is going to be prosecuted.