PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 00:07
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I utterly reject the notion pedalled by "Arm out the window" that anyone is entitled to respect just because they are an "ex-serviceman", speaking as one myself.
That's not the notion I'm 'pedalling' at all! What I'm saying is that Dubbleyew Eight, I believe, doesn't even know the bloke at all, but is happy to call him a blindly obedient muppet, and then to go on to say that all ex-service people are like that.

To me, it's a simple truth that you shouldn't make sweeping statements you can't back up, but it seems in this case a lot of people are happy to say 'Skidmore is this' or 'Skidmore is that' without the first clue about his capabilities, motivations or otherwise.

I'm not defending him because of some kind of ridiculous 'brother officer' code of conduct, and if you knew me you'd know I have never subscribed to any kind of elitist bull**** like that. I defend him because I first met him over 30 years ago and ever since then have been impressed by his integrity and leadership qualities. I challenge you blokes to stop making unfounded insulting statements and keep the invective out of it.