PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 777 on fire in Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2015, 16:57
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy Robinson
when people actually listen to the safety brief they will know not to try and get the trolley bags before evacuation.
Cabin crew will also go down the cabin to ensure that tables are stowed, seats are upright, belts are fastened, earplugs to iphones etc. are out, and blinds are open.

What people do after that is basically down to whether they respect the cabin crew and the advice they were given.

There are plenty of travellers who think they know better, and the cc cannot be expected to police them all, all of the time.
I have listened to the safety briefs on the airlines that I fly on (around 4 times a week or so) and they never mention bags being left on evacuation. That is on both in the talked through safety briefs from the FA and jokey video safety briefs on the IFE. Just like the blinds up/down for takeoff and landing it seems to be airline specific. Even the BA flight briefing it was a single short throw away line in the cartoon video which spent far more time showing a cartoon FA giving a dropped cuddly toy back to a cartoon child.

Safety briefs need to be far more specific: E.g. "In an evacuation you must not take bags with you. Any important papers should be in your pockets"