PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Sep 2015, 15:12
casablanca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take what I say with a grain of salt.....as I am not current on the joining requirements and am currently drinking a glass of wine on my patio.
If you are coming from the USA with an FAA certificate some things seem to be different....1) it's hard to come with 8 months validity on medical as it is only good for 6 months 2) normally if ATP rated there is not a separate instrument rating as it is part of the ATP 3)the FAA has same currency/recency issues but your aircraft type ratings don't expire, where as some countries it appears if you do not have a valid medical or PC your rating lapses?4) the FAA will not stamp your logbook( maybe employer will but FAA won't......however the CAA will send them a request and get all your records sent to them directly.you can have logbook notarized etc, bring training records, tax records etc, or any alternate means of showing your years in the business.
Qatar seems to understand this, or at least used to! However if possible coming with a current PC is good idea but maybe not as important as some of certificate holder