PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 8th Sep 2015, 19:31
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice one LSD, no doubt flying supersonic was well within the scope of all transport aircraft of the period. I just chuck this back to the original query re the Supersonic Herk at Akrotiri. The main points of the story I heard was that the young lady "guesting" on the trip was a newly appointed WRAF JENGO on an F4 Squadron on APC, who had cadged a trip around the island, the point that always stuck in my mind was the Loadmaster dropping the galley floor on the "vinegar stroke" The bang means a lot (crew coordination). Otherwise, OmegaV6 recalled the event perfectly as I was told it, apart from that R4H was the skipper. Now, having solved that one, anyone know about the empty beer cans, rolling off the galley floor to the freight bay, in full view of the Army Pax ? What about the pongo holding the lashing tape controls while the Captain makes use of the urinal ? Must be loads of myths to bust, claim prior or otherwise. This before we get round to spiders appearing in front of arachnophobic Captains, and ping pong balls deluging Navs. Now, where to start gentlemen keep em coming. One thing for sure, a certain Loadmaster must feature in a few of these "tales of Albert" !

Smudge