PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21 years since first AN B747-300 operation
Old 7th Sep 2015, 10:11
TrailBoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think all posters, particularly the super-critical
If that comment is aimed at me Dora-9 all I can say is that I must have deluded myself for forty plus years, 35 as a captain and 25 in a check and training capacity on a variety of aircraft, including 16 years on B-747s.

If anyone is deluding themselves it is a pilot who continues to land in an un-stabilised condition and with a continuous undercarriage warning horn blowing, when he still had the option to go around and sort the problem out…

1.20 Stabilised approach
When the aircraft landed, the ‘landing’ checklist was not complete, the airspeed obtained from the flight data recorder readout was 183 knots (approximately 26 knots above target threshold speed), the inboard flap was moving towards flaps 25, the landing gear warning horn was sounding and the gear unsafe light was illuminated.

1. A go-around was not initiated despite the continuing landing gear warnings, the landing checklist challenge and responses being incomplete, the inner trailing edge flaps remaining in transit and the speed being 26 knots above target speed.

Enough said…