PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2015, 13:49
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope there is still scope for capacity increases at MAN.
Perhaps we should instead be saying I hope there is still scope for MAN T3 to accommodate RYR capacity increases at MAN. I don't believe that Ryanair is short of airframes available for MAN, but T3 is certainly short of stands for them to use. And it appears that there are no moves to upgrade stands 56 / 57 / 58 for Ryanair use (deemed too expensive?), so we must hope that MAG has a cunning plan to accommodate additional aircraft somewhere (and I don't mean at STN! :-) ). There does not appear to be a proposal for any other carrier to move out of T3. Whilst passengers criticise the crowded T3 experience, the incumbent airlines there seem to love it.

In terms of Ryanair increases for Summer 2016, if the company carries through the new 6x Daily MAN-DUB schedule and adds the services listed by LAX_LHR, we have a healthy increase right there subject to minimal cutbacks on other routes. New routes would be nice ... MAN still has only 10 departures per week to Poland (all RYR), and Regional France and the Baltic States remain under-served. Anything new to these regions would be a pleasant surprise however, especially in the light of MAN-TLL potentially being dropped. Growth seems to be targeted at the highly-competitive Spanish leisure trunk routes and Dublin.