PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2015, 08:52
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair. They are on their growth trajectory anyway, but, as we have already seen, they also aim to protect their market share. Look to be 8 based next year for example.
LAX, after one trawl through the Ryanair web site schedules for the first wave of departures mid July 2016, I could only come up with 6 based a/c on Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sun. with 7 based the other 3 days of the week. I think it was just August this year that had 8 based wasn't it, and I've not checked August next year.

However, I did come up with 107 weekly departures with non-based a/c, including the 42 weekly flights to DUB, which I imagine must account for about 50% of the total weekly departures. Is this a reflection on stand availability at T3 early morning?

As I say, I've not rechecked and you may well be looking at different information which is more accurate.

The other slight anomaly is that for Madrid for example in July, 5 weekly flights show fares whereas the other 2 days show 'sold out' as opposed to 'no flights', but one of those days does have fares for August.

I expect there will be changes anyway before schedules are finalised, and in cases like Madrid it may be the timing of any increased frequency. A couple of new routes wouldn't go amiss if there are gaps in the program!