PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAR 232...an Ausfly experience coming to you?
Old 5th Sep 2015, 01:25
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two pilot LAME's come to mind and both refused to fly my aircraft after annual inspection. I always thought this was an indication of their faith in the work. Having said that I'm reminded of some historical statistics regarding the most dangerous times for aircraft mechanical breakage is straight after someone having worked on it. This morphed into unnecessary inspections dictated by regulatory authority. Someone will correct me I'm sure, but I think there was a military study done also. Perhaps they were just looking after their insurance risks and passing that task to the owner/ now test pilot. I believe this is called "problem transference".

yr write: My dealings with LAME's has not been pleasant in that they generally charge outrageously, refuse to accept responsibility, lock your aircraft up if there is a dispute, sometimes do inspections by mail, tell fibs and believe they are God.

This Deity however being claimed by a recently departed CAsA AVMED Director which would make LAME's "tradespersons" which in turn mandates they use the tradesman's entrance at my house. I hope this doesn't offend because it shouldn't if you know your place.