PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAR 232...an Ausfly experience coming to you?
Old 5th Sep 2015, 00:07
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yr right...in truth your level of education is just about associate diploma mech engineering level
OZ,
Under the AQF (or whatever it is called now) maybe, maybe not. Speaking from having sat on the peak body setting up the "competency based" system some years ago.

Washing an aircraft and not putting it on the M/R
Actually, putting it on the MR and then washing the aircraft to manufacturer's MM, came from CASA lectures at a traveling roadshow. It was also effectively included on a CASA CD about Schedule 8 maintenance.

Once again LAME is not a trade.

yr' wrong,
That is not what I said, but I'll let that go, you seem to have trouble with English comprehension.
I'll bite, if you are not a tradesman, what are you?? What classification do you think you fit into.
Do you believe you are qualified to be a member of the Institute of Engineers, and can therefor call yourself a professional engineer.

As a general statement, in my opinion you are one of the most prejudiced persons I have ever seen on pprue, with an attitude, not common but not rare among LAMEs, a belief in a level of aviation knowledge that borders on fantasy (witness your claims that you know all about aircraft operations, except nav.), allied with the firm belief that all pilots are dumb idiots.

Even on the subject of "linseed oil" it is clear to me that you only have a limited knowledge, certainly not the "big picture". That's OK for what you have to do, you don't need to know the in depth why, just the how, any more than a painter has to know about paint chemistry.

Of course, what would I know of the US/NZ/UK etc. systems, I am just a dumb pilot who only hold CPL/ATPL whatever in a variety of countries.

Tootle pip!!