PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 23:08
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Several of you have been referring to today's AAIB publication as an Interim Report. I think it's worth pointing out that it is a Special Bulletin; hence its brevity at 7 pages. If the AAIB later publishes an Interim Report (ahead of the Final Report) it will be considerably longer and much more detailed.

Quote from salad-dodger:
"I think we all know which way this is going, but dare not say so for fear of offending the vocal minority - pilots defending pilots. Not unlike the closed shop that the GMC is often criticised about."

"I think" that is an unnecessary and inappropriate slur to aircrew generally, and particularly inappropriate at this stage of an investigation into a tragedy involving so many fatalities. This is a forum primarily for aircrew, which I assume you are not. Making comparisons with the medical profession is irrelevant because its members rarely suffer death or injury during and/or as a result of their practice. To refer to pilots as a "closed shop" is ridiculous. In fact, pilots' strongest critics tend, in my experience, to be other pilots.

Last edited by Chris Scott; 4th Sep 2015 at 23:23. Reason: Two paragraphs added