PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Aug 2015, 05:11
AbsolutSkyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Gentlemen,

I am a prospective DEC for the B787 and have a joining date for November 2015. I have a few questions for which I haven't quite found any clear answers in this thread. I would deeply appreciate it anyone could fill me in on the following questions:

1. How many hours do B787 captains average per month?
2. How many days off can I expect per month, along with the usual days one can expect get off together.
3. What is the average take home salary for a B787 Captain?
4. Can one travel without any restrictions on off days?
5. What are the B787 destinations?
6. What is the minimum and maximum layover/night halt duration? How many layovers can one expect each month?
7. How many same day return flights can one expect on the B787 each month?
8. Are there frequent roster/schedule changes?
9. Flight schedules when released are for what duration typically? (eg a month or more/less?)
10. Is it easy getting annual leave?
11. Do wives actually need your permission each time they want to travel outside the country?
12. Are company provided apartments/villas of a good standard and well located?
13. Is it better to look for accommodation at the pearl/west bay area?
14. Is there much for wives to do in Qatar, barring going to malls?
15. My confirmation letter states the B787 fleet has been assigned to me. Is it possible that QR will change this once I get there to say a A320 or B777?
16. Can wives frequently travel with you on your layover flights?

Some of these questions might be trivial or silly, but I would still appreciate some insight to help align my expectations with the ground realities before I get there!

Thank you.