PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2015, 08:51
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio,

cant help but agree, I have offspring in the medical field, same, same buried in Box ticking and bullsh..t.

Just look where the $90 million the fuel levee minister Albosleezy bought in was allocated, new managers..Coal face staff??..Zilch!!...Levee??..still there and its ripped nearly $400 million from the industry so far.

That's $400 million of profits the Industry must make just to get square.

CAsA's workforce has almost doubled in the past ten years to supervise an Industry that is dying.

I have no idea what you have calculated, but for my company it now costs around $10 grand just to give a kid a job on our smallest aircraft, up the $50 grand for our biggest..$200 grand and two years wait for an AOC compared with NZ eight weeks and $20 grand.
$100 grand to add an aircraft to your AOC.

Part 61 has added more than %25 to our overheads. What will 91 and 135 add?

I am desperate to get out of this job, not because I hate it, I gain great satisfaction from mentoring the young guys coming along, trying to keep them safe, the blizzard of boxes to tick will not have the slightest affect on safety. I am a pilot, not a lawyer, I have no idea what the new regulations mean and I have really, really tried to figure them out.
The liabilities are just too great. Having to accept direction for things I don't understand, from people with no experience qualification or competence, which my experience tells me are unsafe, I must accept liability for, they accept none. This is unacceptable.

Last edited by thorn bird; 29th Aug 2015 at 09:19.