PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Aug 2015, 15:21
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, back on topic, the water is not as cold and dirty as some may think. Some are enjoying it, some are not. Those that are tend not to bother posting here. Those that are not and have an axe to grind tend to post negative here. It's sometimes good to get a view from both sides.

Am I looking to leave, nope. Just wish there was more trees, grass and hills. The only thing I hate here is the driving standards.

As for the company, I am as happy as can be. It's a job. I am here to work, it's my workplace. Simple as that. Life here is ok. Safe and very little chance of being robbed or assaulted.

Would I choose to live here, no. Would I choose to work elsewhere for another company ? Until I see anything better, I have no plans to leave. Take each day as it comes.

Do I worry about working here, nope not at all. Just do my job and smile.

Do I enjoy my job, yes I do but it can be tiring as often changing from day flights to night flights and vice versa.

All I can ask is if your not happy here, do me and others a favour and leave. I do want to listen to crap like the above whilst I am on a 12 hour shift. Be mature enough to sort yourself out and get yourself another job elsewhere.

I am grateful Stone Cold takes the time to post what he does. I don't agree with most of what he writes, but at least it opens up the opportunity to allow those more intelligent than me to be able to reply to his thoughts and views.

Those that are waiting to come here, it's not as bad as it sounds. I often speak to colleagues here who are very also very happy and have no intentions of leaving. I seldom here from anyone who is looking to leave.

The job is simple, the equipment is top and well maintained.
In the few years I have been here, I have never felt pressurised into doing anything I should not have been doing. This company is very strict on you doing the job as you're suppose to and as safe as possible. They are very strict on being stable by 1000 feet. They are also very strict on company image and appearance etc. I get breathalised before a flight at least once a week. I have no problems with this at all. They don't take any crap from anyone, it's as simple as that.

If you can't take working for a company as such, they apply elsewhere and good luck to you.

If anyone would like to suggest another company for me or others to look at for employment, please feel free to list them here.

Last edited by Black Pudding; 27th Aug 2015 at 15:52.