PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 27th Aug 2015, 02:01
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G’day HappyBandit and Biglanchow, thank you both for your considered replies.

HappyBandit, you’re giving me way too much credit when you say that “I’m trying to create an ‘us and them’ mentality”.

Around 1/3 of current Eastern pilots were present in 2005 when the Q400 was introduced. The ‘Us and them’ mentality, well established before then, was reinforced. People have very long memories, however progress had been made to make amends in the 10 years since. But it all went south in May this year.

The decisions made by the Sunnies negotiators (and subsequent voting) have been hot topics in the NSW and Victorian crew-rooms since May, and will continue to be for some time. While I’d hardly call myself a moderate voice, neither would I consider myself to be extreme, and I’d be surprised if anyone at Eastern was swayed to my point of view by reading what I’ve written on this thread.

Any Eastern pilots sharing all or parts of my opinion (and I’d suggest it’s a majority) have come to this point of view entirely without my help.

As for how the Eastern pilots voted, please re-read my earlier post. If you haven’t done so already I suggest you get onto the AFAP website and have a good read of Eastern EBA Update #50.

To my knowledge, Sunstate pilots did NOT have any threats by management put upon them on how to vote.

My personal opinion is that, if pushed, the company would have gone down the same path with Eastern pilots as they did with the Sunstate engineers.

Biglanchow. Thank you. Not sure about 49%, but I agree with you that I’ve weakened my own arguments with careless comments. Personally, I consider whatever abuse I’ve flung north to be a “return of serve”.

However, point taken, and if I continue to post on this thread I’ll show more restraint.

I’ve got to say that I’m not a fan of the “If you don’t like it, leave” mentality. One of Kumar’s favourite sayings, and one that bit him in the arse in 2010 IIRC, when he said that to a bunch of Brisbane Q300 Captains, and 11 did just that in the next four months!

How about being part of a “Let’s improve where we are” mentality instead?

Just One Dude, yes, it's over! But if you think the consequences are over, you're mistaken.

DIVOSH!