PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 23:31
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fail to see what prolonging discussion with Mr Arm will achieve however I will add for his/her benefit that the basis for my statement is demonstrated in CAsA history. If he/she fails to learn from that I'm afraid there is no hope for him/her. I'm not a defeatist simply a realist. If you need a term to describe the industry however I would say that would be apathetic. Why? Well they have been subject to rule by regulation for so long they no longer believe the rule of law exists any more. Again I concur with Sunfish.

sprocket check: I've watched this apathy for 50 years and done my share of duty with the alphabet soup organizations only to be kicked in the guts and then forced to deal with pissants who believe the answers can be found in more regulation, more restrictions, more mandates, because that's the way it's been since they remember when they were taught so. I've openly advocated civil disobedience but the "alpha male" (and female), syndrome associated with most pilot activists can't agree with each other long enough to mount any action. CAsA's tactic is to divide and destroy and the industry falls for it every time.

Last feasible group I sponsored are still fighting over the acronym to go by. Last whistleblowers of any credibility were forced off on their own and out of the spotlight to deal with Senators and government and run their own risks without industry support.

Mark Skidmore is probably a good bloke. He owns a nice little aeroplane, the last bloke also owned an aeroplane but this didn't make him competent to know what industry needs. The DAS will never know until he takes part as an undercover boss with a disguise to seek out unprejudiced industry input instead of asking people to expose themselves to possible vexatious reprisals.

Civil disobedience will only work with consensus. Failing that a big smoking hole in the ground is the only galvanizing thing that will turn the spotlight on the voting populous for examination. I'm guessing neither you, as I, will get any joy saying I told you so then.

The fall guy then becomes Mark Skidmore who is the fuse between the flying public and government. That's CAsA's primary function. To absolve the government from any culpability.

Mark Skidmore may not be a "naughty boy", but he's not the "messiah" either. He's not the wagon I want to hitch my ride with.

Metaphors and opinions are not copyright (c)