PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Aug 2015, 21:07
Stone_cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point 1. You agree that the employer has "some" control over emigration issues ..laughable! It is quite different , my employer cannot detain me in the country without a court issued order . Are you trying to deny that QR can simply choose to deny you permission to leave , nothing to do with any law of the land ? Are you saying that for example , a crew was under investigation for an inflight turnback due to inability to get a reasonable flight level ,(there was no danger to the flight , it just resulted in delays) , could a north american company prevent you from leaving or crossing the border ?? Could this request even make it to border control?With this beautiful ( some control ) system , QR can initiate this themselves without any input from the Country's legal or immigration departments ! I think that is a significant difference .

Point 2 . You stated.. many measures and improvements ..,I just provided a later example. Your fellow pilots family could be affected and should know . Where are the improvements ? Same improvements which dictate that it is illegal to withhold employee passports ( law since ~ 2008/2009) , but it is reported that some ( 90% ?)employers still do this with impunity . ( not a QR issue ..moreso at the level of the unfortunate labourers) .

Point 3 . There was also a fire/explosion at one of the Company compounds with a worker seriously injured ..quality workmanship and qualified workers .

Mother complained about air conditioning unit that 'caused Qatar villa fire' before blaze | Daily Mail Online

Fire at Qatar Foundation continues to smolder 12 hours later - Doha News

Doha mall roof collapses injuring shoppers - ArabianBusiness.com

Seems like fires are very isolated.

It's refreshing that you have a positive spin on everything ..for the sake of balance ..I don't . Flight operation management changes averaging every 6 months to a year for the last decade ???Obviously it has been for the better , it certainly provides continuity , right ?

Qoolaid ..qatari koolaid .

Newbies may not be stupid , but they certainly don't know all the gotchas . Like the f/o who spent a year without a place to live , fired from QR , unable to leave because he had an outstanding property loan . They may not be aware that the banks throw money at you , but if the **** hits the fan , they want their money , there is no such concept as collateral , Cars ,property ...it's all yours once you sign . You cannot say oops Mr. Bank ,I lost my job and can't make the payments , so here is your property . Go to jail , do not pass go ...do not collect $200 ..Apologies if you never played monopoly as a kid .

As many state , many like it ...many get by quite well ....It doesn't mean that the dark side does not exist . So both sides be told !