PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Aug 2015, 20:19
Flytdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not relevant ! It happened in Qatar and newbies should know what sh@t goes on there . Put your head in the sand ..The salient point was that there still has been no justice !! And major improvements , you forget the most recent mall fire ..??Fire ravages Doha's Mall of Asia shopping centre - ArabianBusiness.com .You are a joke ...maybe a recruiter or the management that BP refers to who is monitoring the site ...or just a kiss a$$ informant .
Mr. Stoned:

It is depressing getting sucked into these raves and I really should know better. Is it really the best you can do to suppose because the reason and logic behind a reasonable response cannot be refuted that it must come from some evil doppelganger? Sad. (did I just call management an evil doppelganger? I am so going to burn...)

You are pointing toward isolated domestic accidents and attempting to apply them to expatriate working conditions. Separate your rhetoric to legal, political and humanitarian issues and refrain from using such sad occurrences as the Villagio catastrophe to support your vindictive points. This tragedy should and never will be forgotten and remember, this is not a western country and justice here takes a very different form. There are worse things than jail. Using this event to attempt to support your argument is just wrong.

Expanding on that reference, this country is NOT a jail. You may not have noticed, but when entering or leaving most countries these days, you must pass through immigration/emigration. What could go wrong? If you have committed a crime and try to leave the country you may have a problem even in the USA and Canada where airlines must check your passports and TRANSFER THE INFORMATION TO THE FEDERAL AUTHORITIES! Drive across the border? Same thing. Not so different from living here EXCEPT that the employers have some say over whether you may leave or not. If you have completed your contract then there is no contest. Some pilots, of course, elect to remain abroad and not return from a flight.

We do enjoy several beverages here but "qoolaid"? Is this a unique blend of refined paranoia?

Possibly you believe this is an archaic system of justice compared to Western Law? Honestly, do you believe anyone can possibly be in a position to judge who is right or wrong. It mostly depends on your social and moral upbringing combined with a bit of religious relevance. All are subjective and possibly you are right, possibly you are wrong. Those coming to work here will be aware that this is a Muslim country. Why carry on about it? Newbies are not stupid.

Not complaining about the management shuffle. It things keep improving then I support it. I only am concerned when the safety management teams are impacted and to this point they have remained intact. There are some good people in there (mostly). The one aspect of management shuffles that irritates me is that most people have to place their own stamp on operations which tends to generate many pointless revisions. I HATE pointless revisions.

Not sure about your A320 references of HF? Enlighten please.

As mentioned before, scroll up to Black Pudding's message. There is enough there to assist with the decision process. Your posts, to me, just weave a fragile thread to the dark side without full consideration.