PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 16:43
Mach Two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pittsextra
Well if someone else posts it saves the handbagging I got when I first posted!! That aside it might lead to a more obvious point than the GLOC, position of flaps, thrust and other less obvious chatter seen so far.
Handbagging? Really? Your first post here was to make a pretty outrageous claim about the pilot's execution of an aerobatic manoeuvre, based on the claim of an old bloke that should know better.

Originally Posted by Pittsextra
Its a badly executed figure and flown as such was always going to loose height if he continued to pull, which ultimately he does all the way to the buffet and subsequent stall.
If it helps, I'll explain what is wrong with that statement.

Badly executed figure. Please offer your aeros background on which you base that claim and it what way it was badly executed.

Was always going to lose height. Sorry, a statement based on what?

Which he does all the way to the buffet. How do you deduce he was in the buffet?

And subsequent stall. Again, show us how you know for a fact that he was in a stall.

You use those unproven assumptions to make a statement linked to Brown's assertion that it was the pilot's fault and you are then surprised that someone here picks you up on it? That wasn't a handbagging, it was you being, quite correctly, shown that your statement was unacceptable, unfounded and unwelcome.

As a reminder this is

A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.
Lots of others are welcomed here and we have many non-military regulars who contribute a lot to the forum. But people that come in here and spout stuff like that should expect to hear about it.

At the very least, don't whine about it when someone challenges your accusations against a former, highly professional, former military pilot.