PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 05:21
Lead Balloon

Received 416 Likes on 207 Posts
I wonder how many years it will take until the "too soon to decide"s make a decision. Governments bank on them hanging on for at least a few, after each new saviour is appointed.

I voted 'no', not because I think Mr S isn't smart enough (I'm confident he's very smart) and not because I think Mr S isn't a good bloke (I'm confident he's a great bloke) and not because I think Mr S doesn't have good intentions (I'm confident he means well).

However, I'm also confident that almost none of his experience will help him to bring about any substantial changes, and the early signs indicate that he's fitting quite snugly - maybe even comfortably - into the straightjacket that comes with the big office and the big paypacket.

BTW: Anyone know when and where the next "Aviation industry forum - 2015 to 2030" is being held? The first one was held miles from the nearest airport, during working hours. It was a bit inconvenient for people like me who need to fly to get to places and have to work to live - I understand that there are a number of people like me in the aviation community. Still, it must have been gruelling for Mr S's offsiders to have to hang around in Mildura pretending to care. I do hope their travel arrangements and allowances covered them for a nice meal at Stefano's.