PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Part 91 - I despair - there is no mention of reducing costs
Old 25th Aug 2015, 22:01
Rosebrook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going back to dicks point. Cost. I had a long term plan to get into scenics, start small, build the business etc.

Started out 2009. Learn to fly as you earn for me. So.eventually attained the cpl. Bought the aircraft. Built some hours. Think years to do this. And as I am working away to realise the plan and go into a General Aviation business the rules are getting changed. The scenics approval process changes looking good fir me to get into business.

So now I am where ?.. Scenics approval project knocked on the head internally by CASA. Risk assessment done and CASA project officer made a good case for simplified approval process..and still it got knocked on the head.

So just like a new RPT I will need a ****load of paperwork to start up. Well..Cant find or afford a chief pilot. Plus An estimated $20,ooh CASA fees to get an AOC set up. Forget it. The aircraft can sit in the hangar. Think of who is not getting work or money from my fledgling business...fuel provider, the lame, the young new cpl needing hours, insurance co, govt coffers. The list goes on.

Extra annoying as I know RAA are doing TIFs left right and centre .. A disguised joy flight.

There is still a flutter of interest out there in investing in GA but the rules HAVE to change to get rid of all the red tape AND bring down compliance costs in aviation. GA is dying because of over regulation ..fact. The evidence is overwhelming.