PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2015, 07:05
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave

Safety recommendations like banning vintage jets in comparison to modern fighter jets which may I point out have equally caused loss of life on the ground must indicate that they have suspicions that the age of the jet was relevant to this crash.

The pilot survived although critically injured. It maybe that he is lucid enough to have already explained what went wrong to have caused the CAA to bring in such an instant ban ( addendum just read that the pilot has been put in an induced coma so my comment left is probably irrelevant)

I still wonder if this will not be a slippery slope to air shows being no more than watching distant dots

I used to go to Cosford airshow 20 years ago and there was a field right under the approach path accessed by a major road and out of the airshow grounds
hundreds used to move into that field for the thrill of seeing fighter jets pass a matter of a few hundred feet above or a Vulcan Bomber shaking the ground with the incredible noise as it blocked out the sun passing overhead you.

Last edited by Pace; 25th Aug 2015 at 09:06.