PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 21:37
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBriscoe
I find it very odd that the CAA have banned vintage aircraft from anything other than mild banks and flyovers over land!
That is not an attack on the CAA but speculation that to single out vintage aircraft must indicate that they have evidence of some failure due to the age of the aircraft? If not they must identify a handling drawback in vintage aircraft (not true ) or its a political move for public confidence.
if its engine related Modern jet fighters can take a bird strike low level as easily as a vintage one.

Mingling high speed projectiles anywhere near the public carries a risk.
with aircraft its not the first accident that has killed people on the ground Modern fighter jets have, old fighter jets have, air racing has. Car racing, rallying where spectators are very close to the action have all claimed multiple lives.

I just found it odd that the CAA singled out Vintage aircraft rather than modern jet fighters which have also taken out multiple ground spectators which must then mean they suspect a structural failure due to the age of the aircraft otherwise why bring in such a ban so quickly?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 24th Aug 2015 at 21:50.