PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 15:02
skridlov

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The beach?

Rideforever wrote:
....Pilots from Shoreham are during the summer buzzing up and down the coast to Brighton - the place where everyone lets go - and of course that culture has gotten to them. I raise my eyebrows at pilots doing manoeuvres over Brighton with seemingly little oversight.

Control is not something I associate with pilots flying our of Shoreham. But that could be changed.

Alternatively, putting the show over the water at Lancing might be good for everyone and successful.

I find the first statement here inexplicable as I seldom, if ever, see anything but straight and level flight (military occasionally excepted) offshore along this coastline. I live in the area and probably see as much from ground level as anyone else walking regularly here. How the morally reprehensible standards of behaviour you see as manifest in Brighton manage infect the occupants of aircraft passing overhead is beyond my feeble comprehension.

The second statement - and I have no axe to grind - is just incomprehensible. What exactly attracts these undisciplined pilots to Shoreham? I think we ought to be told.

As for relocating the RAAFA show to the local beaches.. well, I'd love to know, and have asked the same question previously, how exactly could this be done? Relocate the static displays, concessions etc to the beach? Er, no. Have the 20,000 or so spectators rush a couple of miles across the A259 over to the beach to catch the displays and then run back? Probably not.